Tuesday 7 February 2012

Theme Project



I'm not going to publish my submissions for Urban Trees. The first presentation I did was so awful. I got a D and was asked to resubmit. I had completely misinterpreted the brief and thought that so long as I used Sketch-up, (I had never used it before!) and stuck in a few photoshop trees that would do. Oh dear. The thing is that they just didn't really like the concept of planting trees in front of St. Pauls Covent Garden. When I represented, Grant, Simon and Ben had to crit me and gave me a really hard time. It was deserved and left me feeling like I would never get anything right! However, nice Benz put me in for a pass for trying.
The next was Noise Pollution. The above shows one of the before and after sketch designs. Although there isn't really room at Blackfriars embankment for this installation I got a pass. The funny thing is through, that although I used Sketch-up in all 4 Urban Theme presentations, my best illustrations were when I just stuck to good old photoshop. You find a style that works and stick.
However, I think my visual looks like an illustration from an 1960's Ladybird factual book and not at all contemporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment