Tuesday 7 February 2012

Advanced Planting Design




So while all this fun and games is going on we have an Urban Design Project. I don't really have any images for that. It was a group project and we did OK but it was quite hard to manage. And, the dreaded Advanced Planting Design. I actually really enjoyed it but there was so much work and so time consuming, especially just before Christmas when us busy Mothers seem to have more than enough to do and husbands are out having dinners and Xmas parties every night. I sometimes can't quite believe how I produced it all. The site was at Avery Hill and I had to design with James Van Sweden and Wolfgang Oehme (New American Prairie Style), as my design precedents.
I got to really like their bold style and will no doubt be taking some of that away with me. A few visual sketchbook bits which I literally produce in 5 minutes plus the final masterplan. So much of this was on the technical element so I decided to concentrate on getting this right. Lots of people put some lovely careful visuals on their presentations. Since it was not part of the brief, I decided that time was not on my side and didn't. I don't think it made any difference, but I did master doing all the planting plans in Autocad with specific linetypes and weights and annotating. Never thought I'd see the day and Kim Price at Groundwork will be terribly impressed with me. Given upon trying to upload the masterplan and planting plan. The file size is small but don't know whats wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment