Tuesday 7 February 2012

Cad and Visualisation





Nearly up to speed with past stuff. I'm a bit worried about the Cad and Visualisation course. The Verified Photomontage seemed to go OK and I love this anal stuff, (To quote Deon). ZVI was fine but I really didn't spend as much time on the Wood Wharf design project as I should have. I'm so awaiting the results and a bit concerned. Don't ask me where the upsidedown trees came from? I was trying to answer the brief and the need for flexibility in the space and thought that suspending trees on rollers might fit! I was also looking at a vertigo concept and how you can feel disorientated around tall buildings and was going to add curved mirrors to turn them the right way up again but the photoshop layers and my time were getting a bit out of control!
The images show that rendering sketch-up models is not as good for me as straightforward photoshop. But, I think it proves that I need to be careful with my choice of materials in sketch-up and need to spend more time rendering with care. It's all about the fact that the colours need to fade to grey as they move back on the perspective - mine looks a bit flat. I probably could have done 3d Autocad, but as usual - never enough time for the big challenge. I did start off making a 3D cad model, then gave up since it was taking too long and looked crap! Andy made a fantastic fly through film. He needs to post it up somewhere for everyone. I felt so guilty when I saw it. It must have taken days!

No comments:

Post a Comment