Saturday 11 February 2012

More on Sophie's Shoes

The shoes are the first image as inspiration for topology for Eastern Quarry. I do have much better precedent designers to research but, for the moment, Russell and Bromley will have to do! Hopefully Benz will understand?
I have been so held up on staffing issues for Professional studies and as for GIS course where study buddy Ben neglected me yesterday for Grant after he discovered I had downloaded my maps in the wrong format! Not my fault since Shelly gave us the wrong information in wk 1 and I'm not the only one to get it wrong!
Anyway, Ben did seem genuinely upset that I'm not on the Lille trip next week. I would so love to go but why does the University always book it when it is February half term week for schools? We have so many students with families and it is just not possible. It's always the Men that get away with it since Ben is a father of 3, I think? Good luck to everyone who is going away. Have fun and learn loads. One day?
Next blog will be precedent architects/installations in a sensible format. Meanwhile, Sophie's glass slippers and my latest favourite inspirational music while I am working on Eastern Quarry will have to suffice. This is classed as Electronica...not usually my style and doesn't sound like. It is a cover of 1971 Minnie Riperton song and I re-discovered on Jo Whiley show whilst driving on the A21 a couple of weeks ago. (It was used for a Baileys Ad).
My husband thinks it sounds like a Lloyd Webber/Rice Musical hit, but so what! I am a confessed fan of Radio 2 's Friday Night is Music Night. It's one of those songs that I had forgotton about and is now re-kindled. The video is interesting. Twenty one years ago in 1991 and 4Hero were doing an Ecology thing with their Album, Patterns. It's silly cartoons but there is a message about creating nature out of concrete. The lyrics are beautiful and so is the voice.
Julia Fogg says that I was always good at concepts. Some people get embarrassed by them, but what have I got to lose? I'm terrible for just blurting what comes into my head, but sometimes that can be a bonus, especially in this game.
As for Sophie...her shoes will get a proper look in very soon. They might even make my public hanging in June!

1 comment:

  1. Minnie Riperton....nice.

    I did the same on the map front, completely pointless sitting next to me in GIS, really don't have a clue....

    Completely forgot about Genus Loci, shapes patterns, so good to read your blog. Though if the site was in Essex..perfect (and white chalk)

    Click' click' go the Red Shoes

    ReplyDelete