Tuesday 7 February 2012

September 2011 Wood Wharf


Talk about backtracking with this, but I need to get up to speed. The first task for the MA/Diploma students was to create a design for Wood Wharf and come up with a quick concept. We all seemed to be flummoxed. I presented the following a week later which Tom Turner quite rightly said,' Looks like Skegness!', It was such rubbish!
The competition, run by the Landscape Institute for all UK students was eventually won by Aleck and Danny on our course. Quite rightly so, brilliant work and look forward to seeing something a bit like their final design on the Wharf this Summer. I never actually entered the real competition but probably should have found the time to send something in. I must remember to enter all competitions from now on. Although, when I told my husband about the prize being an internship for a few weeks, (Plus the cash and prestige), he said I wouldn't have had time to do that anyway. Also, have remembered how to deal with the picture quality now. Must remember to chose the size and position before I upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment